Even though it is one of the world’s rarest and most expensive coachbuilt cars, everybody is familiar with the Eagle Speedster E-Type thanks to one Jeremy Clarkson and a little known show called Top Gear. Now the makers of that piece of automotive jewelry have come up with a convertible version called the Eagle Spyder GT.
In essence, the Eagle Spyder GT is a Speedster with a folding soft top added providing more practicality and peace of mind for the owner. But, of course, there is more to this car than just the roof, seeing as each one GT, and there will be very, very few of them made, will be bespoke to the individual who orders it and is therefore a little bit different than the rest. In fact, the first one has just been delivered in the UK after a production process of 250 days in which Eagle artisans crafted the car by hand. The cost of this excellence? £834,000 after taxes and stuff.
Based loosely on the original E-Type Jaguar, the Eagle Spyder GT and its siblings, the Speedster and the Low Drag GT, feature a custom body that is best described as an artistic reinterpretation of the original design. The car boasts relatively modern mechanicals though, chief among which a 4.7 liter six-cylinder engine with 330bhp and 340 ft lbs of torque which gives the retro-modern exotica a 0-60 mph time of under 5 seconds and a top speed of 170 mph. You will find the complete technical details of the car after the pictures…
- Engine: 4.7 litre straight six, longitudinal front mounted, aluminium block
- Cylinder Head: Aluminium big valve twin cam
- Fuelling: Triple 2″ SU Carburettors
- Power: 330bhp @ 4800rpm
- Torque: 340lb ft @ 3600rpm
- Transmission: Five-speed manual gearbox, rear-wheel drive, limited-slip differential
- Front suspension: Double wishbones, torsion bars, adjustable Öhlins damper units, anti-roll bar
- Rear suspension: Lower wishbone with load bearing driveshaft, twin spring/adjustable Öhlins damper units, anti-roll bar
- Brakes: AP Racing aluminium calipers, ventilated discs, 315mm front, 280mm rear, servo assisted
- Wheels: 6 x 16 front, 7.5 x 16 rear, aluminium rims with stainless steel
- Tyres: 225/55 R16 front, 235/60 R16 rear
- Weight: 1029kg
- Power-to-weight: 326bhp/ton
- 0-60 mph: Under 5.0 sec
- Top speed: Over 170mph
- Height: 1,105 mm
- Length: 4,260 mm
- Width: 1,740 mm
The post Official: Eagle Spyder GT appeared first on Motorward.